This year, Winterfest will be a week-long event, starting on Monday, November 30th – Sunday, December 6th, with the big downtown Winterfest Celebration on Saturday, December 4th. All of the activities will adhere with state and federal guidance and health and safety of our community members. This year’s events which can be found on the LBCA Facebook page, and website (https://laingsburgbusiness.org) and are listed below:
- Small Business Saturday (11/27) *BEFORE WINTERFEST*
- Business Decorating Contest (11/29 – 12/05): This will be for Businesses with storefronts to showcase their holiday spirit. This year, 2 Winners will be awarded. The 1st by Judging Panel and a Popular Vote through online voting. Photos will be taken of all businesses and businesses will be featured throughout the week online. This years’ contest includes week-long voting.
- Home Decorating Contest (11/29 – 12/05): New to 2020! Anyone with a Laingsburg Address is invited to participate! We are accepting the first 100 houses to register. There will be 2 Winners – the 1st by Judging Panel and the Popular Vote through online voting. Winners will win VISA gift cards and ride in the parade. All houses will be highlighted on a map throughout the week to visitors inside and outside of our community.
- Stuff the Bus Donations (11/29 – 12/05): Several drop-off locations will be made available throughout town for donations to the Laingsburg Food Bank. On Saturday, we will have a Stuff the Bus event until Parade time.
- Thoughtful Trees Decorating Contest & Donation (11/30 – 12/05): 6 Trees are donated, sponsored by a group, family, or organization, and decorated. Then each of these trees is voted on. The one with the most votes wins a donation to the organization. The trees are then donated, fully decorated, to a family in the community in need.
- Giving Tuesday (11/30): Supporting The Clothesline & Raise Up Shiawassee
- Downtown Laingsburg Celebrates Winterfest (12/04; 4pm-8pm): Similar to years past, downtown Laingsburg will be full of residents and visitors bringing in the holiday spirit. Santa & Mrs. Claus will be greeting kids in the ECEC, there will be a holiday market and kids games, music downtown, etc.
- Santa’s Light Parade (12/04): This year, Santa’s Light Parade will still take place on the 1st Saturday in December at 6pm. The route is the extended version from last year, which was changed to accommodate a better view from more houses and parking lots, rather than encouraging everyone to gather in one section of downtown.
- Letters to Santa (11/29-12/05): Kids/parents can now download fun Santa letterhead to drop in the Santa Mailbox next to the Santa selfie station in front of the Post Office.